Recently, I was talking with a friend who taking his first position as an executive pastor. He asked me for input on what his first few months should look like. I remembered that a few years ago, when I was new at Mosaic Church, I had jotted down a few simple notes on what my first few months would look like. I shared that file with him and he found it to be very helpful, so I figured I’d share it here as well. Here it is, unfiltered.
Get Quarterly Newsletter
English and Spanish versions available on Amazon in Paperback and Kindle E-book.
- A Year In The Life Of Staff Development
- If You Value Your Team, You’ll Stop Doing This
- My “Everyday Carry” for Leadership (Part 5) – The Transformation Cycle
- Big Deadline Goals vs. Ongoing Maintenance Goals
- My “Everyday Carry” for Leadership (Part 4)
- XP Job Available
- My “Everyday Carry” for Leadership (Part 3)
- My “Everyday Carry” for Leadership (Part 2)
- Soul of the XP Notes and Audio
- New Book From Phil Taylor on Eldership Development
MEET OUR WRITERS
My name is Phil. I am the Executive Pastor of Leadership and Development at Mosaic Church in west Orlando, FL where I live with my wife and three kids. I'm into running and kayaking.
My name is Antone. I serve as the Executive Pastor at Redemption Hill, a gospel-centered church in Kingsford, MI. I am happily married and have three kids and grandson. I love to mountain bike and backpack.
My name is Gabriel. I am the Pastor of Discipleship and Mission at Mosaic, a muliti-site church in West Orlando, FL. My wife and and I are passionate about serving our city and changing our world.