I think it’s important to not take ourselves too seriously, and be willing to have a little fun, even poking fun at our own ministries. April Fool’s Day provides a great opportunity to do so, and I took it! One of our churches little quirks is that we start all of our gatherings :02 minutes later than logic would dictate. So, it’s 9:02, not 9:00. It’s 11:17, not 11:15. Our founding pastor will tell you that he did it just to make it stand out and catch your eye a bit more as you drove by a sign. It’s one of those silly things that people remember, and plenty of us make fun of it as well. A couple of years ago, we actually considered changing it due to the cheese factor, but decided that at this point, it’s just a part of who we are. We are the :02 church. But what if suddenly, we decided to become the :03 church? That was the basis of my April Fool’s Day post that went on our website and throughout our social media. People had a lot of fun with it. Here is the article I wrote:
Get Quarterly Newsletter
English and Spanish versions available on Amazon in Paperback and Kindle E-book.
- We Are Starting a Podcast!
- Executive Pastor Coaching with Phil Taylor
- Building Your Eldership Development Process-Starting August 18th
- New Dissertation on Executive Pastors Impact on Church Performance
- Three-Year Bible Reading Plan
- A Year In The Life Of Staff Development
- What Type of Executive Pastor Are You?
- Can You Practice Silence and Solitude with 1200 people?
- Teaching on Elders from 1 Peter 5:1-5
- How Do You Know If You Are A Visible Man In Your Marriage?
MEET OUR WRITERS
My name is Phil. I am the Executive Pastor of Leadership and Development at Mosaic Church in west Orlando, FL where I live with my wife and three kids. I'm into running and kayaking.
My name is Antone. I serve as the Executive Pastor at Redemption Hill, a gospel-centered church in Kingsford, MI. I am happily married and have three kids and grandson. I love to mountain bike and backpack.
My name is Gabriel. I am the Pastor of Discipleship and Mission at Mosaic, a muliti-site church in West Orlando, FL. My wife and and I are passionate about serving our city and changing our world.
- Audio Resources
- Building Projects
- Caring for Widows & Orphans
- Church Planting
- Courses and Workshops
- Elder Development
- Executive Pastor Leadership
- generosity resources
- In Praise Of
- Job Board
- Leadership General
- Measuring ROI
- Media Kit
- Ministry Direction
- Ministry Ideas
- Missional Communities