Let’s be honest, most Lead Pastors are not great with details and most Executive Pastors are not great with risky church planting environments that need loads of new vision. But every now and then, you can get these two types of guys together to plant a church and something cool happens. I got to be one of those guys when Ed Marcelle and I planted Terra Nova Church together a few years ago. He focused on the vision, I made sure the vision happened. Here is some teaching I did at an Acts 29 Network Regional Event at Eric Mason’s Epiphany Church in Philadelphia, PA. The focus here is on the pre-launch period and the first 6-12 months into a church plant. And it’s written from the perspective of an Executive Pastor. It’s a lot of details, so buckle up!
Comments are closed.
English and Spanish versions available on Amazon in Paperback and Kindle E-book.
- Executive Pastor Coaching with Phil Taylor
- Eight Practices For Effective Online Giving
- Three-Year Bible Reading Plan
- What Type of Executive Pastor Are You?
- Five Systems Every Church Planter Needs
- Learning From A Building Project
- Your First Few Months at a New Church
- Phil Taylor’s book on Eldership Development
- The ROI on Generosity
- Should You Hire A Staff Search Firm For Your Key Positions? Four things to consider.
My name is Phil. I spent 20 years pastoring (mostly executive pastoring) and now I serve churches all over through consulting on buildings and brands at Plain Joe Studios and coaching Executive Pastors. My wife and I have three kids and one grandchild. I’m into running and kayaking.
- Audio Resources
- Building Projects
- Caring for Widows & Orphans
- Church Planting
- Courses and Workshops
- Elder Development
- Executive Pastor Leadership
- generosity resources
- In Praise Of
- Job Board
- Leadership General
- Measuring ROI
- Media Kit
- Ministry Direction
- Ministry Ideas
- Missional Communities